Thursday, May 30, 2024

Poetry Corner* Featuring the Works of Henry Oaks

 

TO WIN YOU BACK

Still thinking of you
Each and everyday.

Hoping what was started
Has not faded away.

If it's your heart that I've failed to win
Then I've committed a dreadful sin.

And I must put your short memory on a shelf,
And figure out how to redeem myself.


I WANT...

I want to shower in rainbows with you
Until they flood the ground.
And shooting stars come raining down.

I want you to feel my vibrations,
Until they unlock your deepest sensations.

I want to hold you in my arms in the moonlight,
Until our souls merge and take flight.

I want us to eat from the same tree.
I want to wake up and feel you next to me.


BIO:
HENRY OAKS is a local poet, freelance writer, and activist. His work has been published in several media outlets. His debut poetry book is slated to be released this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment