Thursday, December 1, 2022

Poetry Corner* Dr. Archan Mehta

 


Poem : What Is Creativity?

Creativity is something

I can’t figure out:

Creativity is both a

Mystery and a process:

I picked up a pen

And tried to create a poem,

But I really felt stumped.

My fingers would not

Move at all. Truth be told,

I think I suffered from “writer’s block.”

But suddenly, when I ventured outside

For a stroll, well, the poem

Wrote itself: my pen flowed

With effortless ease. Thus,

Creating a poem is not a

Question of hard work or even

Mankind’s indomitable will.

After all, when you are in the mood,

Creativity starts to flow with the

Power of a Niagra Falls.

When the muse decides

To visit you, finally, you need

To fill your vessel with rhythm and music.

Creativity annihilates your ego and

You are left alone: there is

Something in here and out there,

Which is unfathomable like an

Unexplored ocean pulsating

With turbulent waters but fills

You like a balloon. And you

Are filled with a sense of awe

And wonder in your eyes, the

Enchantment of an eternal sunrise.

And then, creativity, all of a sudden,

Dies quietly like friends and relatives

Mourning silently at a funeral.


BIO:


Dr. Archan Mehta has earned a PhD. in Management. Currently, he is a Consultant and Writer based in India. In his free time, Dr. Mehta likes to stroll in the outdoors and party with close friends. He is also fond of meditation. Please feel free to reach out to the poet at archanm@hotmail.com at your convenience

No comments:

Post a Comment