Saturday, May 20, 2023

In Tribute* The Poetry of Clara B. Freeman



Poets United mourns the recent passing of former member, Clara Freeman. Clara was a talented poet, activist, author, and senior advocate. Her poetry appeared in numerous anthologies throughout the years. Today, we feature some of her works, in tribute. R.I.P.

YOU

Birds fly

bells ring

all because of you


April showers

budding flowers

clear skies of blue


Grass grows

the crisp white snow

Nature's green

Angels sing

all because of you


PLAYING THE GAME




In the game of circumstance

I sought to conquer your passions,

intent on becoming the woman of your dreams


Used feminine wiles

To tease you into certain submission


Confidence led astray,

I became blinded by my naiveté


I sought to conquer you slowly,

Enslave your manliness for all eternity


You were clever,

A fox in sheep’s clothing,

It was you who captured me


© 1994 CLARA FREEMAN

EXCERPTED FROM “HOME SOMETIMES IS…A LONELY PLACE

Website: https://clara54.wordpress.com/clara-freeman/

Image credit: Picture People


2 comments: